Monday, November 21, 2011

Tried Something New...

Tilda with a present
Using a couple of my new Christmas Magnolia stamps, and armed with some new coloring techniques that I saw on a blog called Color Me Copic, I set to making a couple more Christmas cards.  I've watched several of Amy's videos and she is so good at Copic coloring!  So, I also did something for the first time with this card....I lined the envelope with the same printed paper from the card.  I think it looks pretty sharp, even if I say so myself!




Here is a close-up of that same card.  I decorated it with a felt poinsettia and some bling jewels from Doodlebug Designs.  I also rounded the corners on this card.  That's the first time that I've done that and I'm not sure why I did it this time, but I really like it!





Tilda hiding a present



This was my first attempt at trying my new techniques.  It didn't quite finish as well as I would have liked, but I think it will come, especially when I get color combinations that I can work with consistently.  But it's blue, so I still like it!





Gotta have a little bling!  The large snowflake is a brad from Doodlebug Designs and the sparkling border is  from Archiver's, but it's not a Dazzles from Hot Off The Press.  It's from another manufacturer.  The lacy  edging  on Tilda's  p.j.'s was colored with  my Spica clear glitter marker.



No comments:

Post a Comment