Tuesday, June 25, 2013

My First Cards in over a Year!

My very first card in over a year!
Image: Bildmilarna
Well, it's been over a year since I've made a card, much less posted about making cards.  But I've done it.  In the last few weeks I've made several cards.  So, these are my very first attempts at cards in quite awhile....please be kind....LOL!


There is a blog I follow daily, A Thousand Sheets of Paper.  The blogger, Amy Young, is so inspirational!  From what I understand, she has no formal art background.  But you would not ever guess it.  She has a great eye for color, shading, patterns and pulling it all together.  I decided to copy her selection style to see how it would work for me.  I picked out my paper first and then selected my colors for my image afterward, based on the colors in the paper.  I don't know, I think I have to give it a thumbs up!



Thank you card for a special friend.
Image: Tiddly Inks

This card is a thank you card for a special friend.  Each year, in May, on my division, we have a bake sale to benefit Great Strides and the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.  The money we earn, goes to our hospital's Great Strides team.  This year we raised over $1100.00 for them.  Each year since we've started, we have had a donation from my local Cookies by Design shop.  This is my 'Thank You' card for her.

I used Amy Young's selection technique on this and the following card, as well.  I think I'm going to adopt this strategy.  It makes more sense than my old way of doing it and it just simply looks a lot more harmonious.




Another Thank You card!
Image: Magnolia


This Thank You card is for a patient of mine.  She is also very crafty and does a lot of needlework...crocheting and knitting.  She is very good at it.  Last year I was going through chemotherapy and radiation treatments.  She knitted me a Prayer Shawl in my favorite color, blue!  A Prayer Shawl is a very special item.  While the person is knitting, they are also praying for whomever they are making the shawl for.  I feel so honored that she would choose me to be praying for as she created my beautiful shawl.  It is absolutely wonderful!


A simple Father's Day card





This is just a simple card that I made for my dad for Father's Day.  I wanted to let him know that he is a shining STAR to us!




Well, that's all I have for now, but it's a start!  I hope to be back here very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment